We pride ourselves on treating you with the best care possible. Listed below are just a few things to keep in mind to help your surgical procedure go as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions or concerns leading up to your surgical visit, please feel free to give us a call at 704-542-9600!
- Do not eat or drink anything, not even water, after midnight the night before your surgery. If told to take a medication before surgery, take with just a few sips of water. (For sedation patients only)
- You must have someone drive you to and from your surgery. That person must stay here in our office for your entire surgical procedure. (For sedation patients only)
- You also need to plan to be with a responsible adult for the remainder of that day following your surgery. Plan on resting the remainder of the day. No driving or working for 24 hours after surgery. (For sedation patients only)
- You can brush your teeth before coming in for surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing/shoes to your surgical appointment. Shirt should have short sleeves or easily pull up so we can get access to both of your arms.
- You should also plan on having soft foods on hand as you will be on a soft diet for several days. Ice cream, yogurt, and mashed potatoes are some examples. Ibuprofen (Advil) is also something you should have on hand.
- (FOR SMOKERS) Not smoking before or after surgery will be in your best interest for the healing process.