- Swelling should subside and skin may bronze and feel gritty.
- Itching (particularly along the jaw line) tends to begin on this day.
- Continue applying ointment/cream (and cool compresses, if needed).
- Continue washing face with Cetaphil and room temperature water.
- For extreme itching, hydrocortisone cream (OTC 1%) may be applied. AVOID picking and/or scratching.
- Itching has usually subsided.
- You may start more aggressive washing with fingertips to promote further exfoliation (do not pick).
- Use non-irritating sun block SPF 30+ with zinc oxide (7-9%) and/or titanium dioxide when going outside.
- You may apply mineral makeup (powder).
- Continue appropriate moisturizer until skin has hydrated back to its normal level (3-4 weeks).
- You may start regular skin care program as long as treated area is healed (no exfoliation).
- Continue applying non-irritating sunblock (SPF 30+) and use mineral makeup (powder) to protect treated areas (do not use liquid foundation as it may clog pores and irritate new skin).
- Avoid exposure to excessive sun for up to 4 weeks (hat or clothing must be used to protect treated areas).
- You may return to exercise programs.