In today’s world, appearance is especially important in order to make a great first impression. Unfortunately, factors such as age, surgery, sun exposure, acne, pigmentary changes of the skin, and accidents can leave the skin with unwanted wrinkles, scars, and irregular pigmentation that can make it difficult for individuals to present themselves with confidence and poise.
At Greater Charlotte Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer a variety of facial resurfacing procedures to rejuvenate the skin and improve its overall appearance. Dr. Amir Marashi provides a wide range of treatments to suit your needs, from chemical peels to laser skin resurfacing. Regardless of the treatment performed, your skin will feel younger and more vibrant when you leave our office.
What Problems Does Skin Resurfacing Treat?
Each facial resurfacing treatment employs a different technique, allowing us to address and treat a wide range of problems, including:
- Pigmentation – the sun spots, freckles, or other discolored or darkened patches of skin, which develop as a result of environmental exposure, such as the sun
- Dynamic Wrinkles – wrinkles which appear during moments of expression, such as the creases around the eyes when smiling
- Static Wrinkles – wrinkles which remain visible at all times, regardless of facial movement and expression
- Reduction in Skin Tone – collagen levels in the face reduce over time and as a result of environmental factors, such as the sun, cause skin to loose firmness
- Scarring – Biological processes, such as acne, can leave lasting scars on the skin long after healing
The skin resurfacing treatment that you receive will be determined by your individual needs and preferences. During your initial consultation, Dr. Marashi will carefully examine the condition of your skin and provide recommendations for treatment in order to provide you with the best clinical and aesthetic results.
A variety of factors will be taken into account when assessing and providing treatment recommendations, including:
- Your skin type
- The extent of uneven pigmentation
- The severity of any sun damage
- The depot of damage and imperfections
The recovery time following the procedure will depend on the techniques used to obtain your desired outcome. A more superficial treatment will require a shorter healing period than a more invasive procedure. While skin resurfacing procedures will not produce perfect skin, they have the ability to dramatically improve the appearance of the skin’s color, smoothness, and firmness.
If you are interested in learning more about the skin resurfacing treatments offered at Greater Charlotte Oral & Facial Surgery, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Marashi. He will thoroughly discuss your treatment goals and desired outcomes and recommend the procedure that will provide you with the best possible results.